A marine sailing knife is one of the most important personal safety tools that you can carry with you when you go sailing. Indeed, for many races it is an ‘ISAF Special Regulations’ legal requirement that a personal safety knife is carried at all times.
Whether you are a dinghy sailor or a professional ocean racer, a Gill knife with a built in Marlin Spike and integrated webbing cutter will be your best friend, always there to help you out in an emergency.
The Gill knife is a quality folding knife (for blade protection and safety) with simple single-handed opening and a blade lock to stop the knife closing when you need it the most. You will never know how essential a Gill marine safety knife is until you find your life depending on it.
A lot of thought went into the design of a Gill ‘Marine Tool’ safety knife, which was carefully designed, by experts, to cope with any marine emergency and ensure your personal safety.
The knife blade
The uniquely shaped serrated stainless steel knife blade is specially designed to cut rope quickly in an emergency. The serrations will saw as they slice through the rope, much like a knife through butter. The Gill knife’s deliberately blunt end is designed so that it will not damage sails or an inflatable PFD.
The knife handle
The ergonomic design of the knife’s handle allows it to fit comfortably into the palm of your hand while the custom routed Gill logo allows you to get a strong, firm grip. The built-in shackle key is an essential but unobtrusive feature.
• Can be worn safely at all times due to the knife blade and accessories being contained within the handle
• The knife has a folded length of 95mm, a blade Length of 60mm and an open length of 150mm
• For even greater corrosion resistance, the 420 grade stainless steel blade is titanium coated
• Has a liner lock for preventing accidental closure and a thumb stud for one-handed opening
• The anodized aluminium handle has a brushed finish and comes with its own buoyancy and harness clip
• The special serrated edge blade is designed for quickly and effectively cutting rope
• The machine routed custom Gill logo on the handle provides extra grip in wet conditions
• The knife comes supplied with its own custom pouch complete with belt loop
• The sturdy shackle key will fit most mid-size shackles
• The knife has a ‘Marlin spike’ for fast rope work
• The knife also has an integrated webbing cutter
Don’t trust your life with a cheap sailing knife, get the best and buy a Gill Sailing Knife today. If you are crewing on a large boat, make sure the entire crew has a Gill Safety Knife each. There should also be a Gill ‘Marine Tool’ Safety Knife in the cockpit. Marine regulations usually state that there should also be a marine knife in the boat’s safety grab bag.
Don’t forget, gills are a necessity when you find yourself under water!